YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Blogger or poser…only time will tell

I can't believe I'm sitting here attempting to be become a blogger. I just don't think of myself as cool enough nor do I regularly frequent coffeeshops wearing those once-nerdy-now-trendy oversized glasses touting my mac book in a perfectly weathered messenger bag.

That being said, here I am. And here is 2014. Welcome to both of you. Lets hope I can make this worthwhile for everyone.

Now why a blog now? Like most people, I too am sucked in by the thought of New Years resolutions.  I actually don't really believe in resolutions normally. For me, I think you should work on yourself/your goals/your aspirations year long but for some reason I'm jumping on the bandwagon this year. And as you can probably guess, this blog was one of them…

Shannon's 2014 resolutions:

1. Start a blog

  • Wow - check. Awesome start. I can't promise this blog will actually be any good but hey. Putting myself out there. 


2. Institute a 60-minute-cell-snap

  • My MAJOR goal for this new year is to working on disconnecting. Specifically for 1 hour every night I have Kai at home. This shouldn't seem that hard but let's face it. I am a self-regonized workaholic. I have a fear of being disconnected. Belief: The second I put my cell phone away something major will happen. Truth: I sincerely believe that and that is the habit I need to break. So to snap my bad habit, I will be attempting to put my cell phone in a drawer for one hour to focus on what really is most important in life - my family. This shouldn't be that hard…but it will be for me. 
3. Be less emotional professionally
  • See previous statement about being a workaholic. I'm one of those rare people who can say they truly love their job. Not that I don't have bad days, everyone does. But I really enjoy what I do, the people I work with and my company. And because of that, I want to be the best employee, co-worker, leader I can be. In order to do that, my goal is to work on not reacting so emotionally at times. I could say its the passion about what I do! But I think its really me needing to continue to grow and mature as a person. Not that I think I'm a loose cannon by any means, but I can work to learn when to react internally, and appear even externally. The best leaders I know can appear passionate without appearing emotional and I want to get there. 

and last but not least…

4. Live a healthier lifestyle

  • Now if that isn't New Years day cliche I don't know what is but if you can't beat em - join em. This however implies I currently live an unhealthy lifestyle, which is not the case. But, given the choice of talking a walk or watching a football game, you will see me firmly planted in front of the TV. 

So 14 hours into 2014 how am I doing on said resolutions? You are in fact, reading my blog and I started my day with this view and a mile & a half walk:

2/4 ain't bad right?

Four resolutions - 364 days to go. Piece of cake...

Do you have any New Years resolutions? How long do you give yours before you break them?

4 comments:

  1. Great first blog! I loved blogging while I was pregnant...gave me an outlet for all of those emotions that were swirling around. Look forward to reading. Now, this inspires me to write my blog more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry - I didn't walk yesterday. In fact I had tater tots for dinner so that resolution was not my best. BUT(!) I DID 1. put my phone away for an hour and 2. didn't react emotionally to a work situation. Someday I will get to all 4 at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynde - thank you for the encouragement! You are a blogging expert so I feel lucky you are choosing to take time to read mine! Blogging while pregnant is a wonderful and slightly dangerous thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete